CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

And I thought I had an old beater!!!

I love my 85 Celebrity (Cant kill the damn thing!!) I have owned 3 of them. But nothing compares to this guy!!!

Man figures $10 Ford bought in '30s is his car for life

Associated Press
Oct. 3, 2005 08:25 AM

SHELTON, Conn. - Clarence Curtiss isn't the kind of guy to trade in his car every few years. He still has his first car, a 1929 Model A Ford he bought during the Depression for $10. He jokes people have offered to triple his money. But the 82-year-old Connecticut man says he won't sell his Model A, not even for a million bucks.

More than 60 years ago, Curtiss carved his and his then girlfriend's initials in the steering wheel. That girl was his wife of 56 years, until Curtiss became a widower in 1998.

Curtiss was an auto dealer and collected more than two dozens cars over the years. But he says none of his cars was as special as his first.

0 comments: